Tuesday, July 26, 2005

An STX and Night Fire hell yeah baby!

You know this gets really boring doing the same old shit....waking up every morning at 0430......I'm glad this is just training......oh well I'll live......got off the rack and made the bed and got my hygiene crap in order....then I would get in PTs and me and my battle buddy would get down to the CTA for PT..once we done that, we would march to the DFAC and eat our yummy! breakfast chow....the best goddamn meal of the day. After chow we would then get back to the barracks and get back into our BDUs and get our gear on....we have a STX today.....oh well got our gear on and proceeded downstairs with full battle rattle. Then we all would get in formation and we would march to Trans....ooooo this time we got buses now yay! We were then on our way when we all got onto the buses. Took 10 minutes to get to our destination....we got off the buses and proceeded to the forest area where we would be split up by platoons. Today's teachings would be concealment...basically with camo....we would help each other put camo on.....now this sounds fun ain't it? When we all put camo on we got all these funky patterns lol but overall it's a fun expierence.....DS Code would come over and teach us proper ways to put camo on. There was also one thing I hated what we did that day....since we had our Pro Mask with us....DS Code said Gas Gas Gas...we would have to our gas masks on in less than 9 seconds...the ones who didn't ended up in the Front Leaning Rest...and I'm the one to be in that position...not to mention thank god I wasnt alone.....ok I said to myself....get the mask on faster lol he would later then do this a couple times.....argh....but overall DS Code is cool....he's also a Drill Freak....oh well....We would then get our MREs and eat chow....I got Beef Ravioli yum....it's not bad just for ready to eat meals....MREs are not that bad like people tell you...it's just that make you shit bad though lol but maybe I haven't eaten MREs 26 days straight like guys in the past did....but anyways after chow we would get in a circle and get a lesson on how to make a tent out of our ponchos meanwhile while we got that DS Johnson called for my battle buddy and since he was my battle, I had to get up with him....but when I got up and rushed....since I had my rifle slung to my back....the muzzle hit Isgitt a female....and ouch she was pissed and told me to get away from her.....well I think she deserved it.....she's a bitch I'd tell ya....oh well too bad lol....but anyways I came back and sat down.....and after I got back it's another gas gas gas....god damn it I hate these sessions..but nevertheless got my mask on...thing is I gotta drop my glasses to put my mask on....after that session we took our mask off and then we were told we're going back to the barracks....to cool off and then we're going to do some firing at night.....we got our gear on and proceeded to Trans...got back to the barracks and basically just chilled.....then we were told to get back on Trans to the range.....we're going to conduct Night Fire tonight....meanwhile we got to our destination....and then we were about to be served dinner chow...it's going to be Hot A's fresh from the DFAC...yum...while we waited we would get nice stories from DS Hoaglund and he told us his Iraq war stories....he didn't like talking alot about them but now he was more opened with us to share it..after those inspiring stories...we would then line up to eat dinner chow....yummy chicken! Gotta love Army food eh...those old ladies in the DFAC do a good job of cookin......anyways after that we would get our safety briefing...and then we would get three mags full of ammo....we would empty two clips and when we would hit the third clip we would get our gas mask on....first it would be daylight and the 2nd round would be at night...so we all lined up waited for our turn.....damn it rocks....firing the weapon constantly....so fun.....then it was my turn.....Fired my two mags and put my mask on but the funny thing is I forgot my optical lenses so I couldn't see shit inside my mask and blindly shot at my targets lol.......after that we would sit down and wait til night would fall....then we would line up again to fire...but this was so cool...they're firing flares so we can see our targets down range...this time we wouldn't have to fire with our masks on....so we fired all of our three mags constantly.....fun fun fun.....after that we would get on our gear for shakedown...and then we would get back on Trans..it's 11 pm...really late.....but we have live convoy fire tomorrow.....nice.......we would get our showers...wakeup is 0600 while people on range detail has to wake up 0500 and leave early...and guess what my squad gets chosen god damn it...I could have used that extra sleep...oh well....I need some sleep....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home