Friday, July 15, 2005

It's Friday...

It's Friday....yeah it's Friday...Did you have any of those days which you didn't want to wake up...yeah it was one of those days...but I fought the urge to sleep more....and I failed....so guess what my battle buddies woke me up by putting a canteen of water over my head and pouring over me....ok this SUCKS! Now the white sheets are wet!...damn luckily there are the outside green sheets... but anyways got up and did my hygiene and got on PTs....and Johnson is again waiting for me at the door to get downstairs for formation, got my rifle and my canteen and went downstairs....and got in formation. The PG would report in to the DS and then we would get in PT formation and commence our daily PT routine...today would be 60 30s around the track...after those I was out of breath....but I felt good...I didn't sweat as much as the others though...Johnson though his shirt was soaked like he had been thru a frickin rainstorm...we would go upstairs to change PT's and get in our BDUs....and hang our shirts to dry outside our lockers....Johnson's shirt on the other hand is dripping with water and he ends up putting a brown towel under it....and it's still dripping...damn he sweats like hell I'd tell ya...anwyays we get down to formation and marched in cadence to the DFAC for breakfast....yum.....eggs and sausage and cereal.....I LOVEEEEEE Breakfast....anyways got back to company and we would practice squad manaevers, DS Hoaglund would teach us the hand signs for danger zone, headcount, pace count, platoon leader, platton Sgt and so forth...it was pretty interesting. Then we practiced a simulation of what to do if a grenade comes by...this is how it goes, we're in a wedge and a grenade is thrown in the middle we disperse and then hit the ground with our helmets covering our face....and yeah that's how it goes...then we performed the same tasks over and over with each squad then we were up, a couple simulated grenade attacks and covering and manuevering, fireteams and such and then we pretend someone gets shot and I'm the medic....he said Private explain to me what you should do to help her Private!!!! I felt panicked and scared and stressed and forgot everything I learned in First Aid...I was there and then he said boom another private is down, "COME ON PRIVATE HARRIS DO SOMETHING ANOTHER PRIVATE IS shot WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO!" There I stand there panicked and shocked......I really forgot my first aid...it was just so sudden....then he said Private you better remember your first aid and when I come back in 5 minutes you better tell me what is to be done...there I got help from my battle buddies and told me the procedures...and then DS Hoaglund would come out and I would explain to him about the procedure and then he said Private you better not frickin forget that stuff or your battle buddies in the field can die! Damn....phew that's over....from now on I'll never forget my first aid...anyways lunch...and then remedial training with the Rifle and then dinner chow and mail call, shower and then sleep......no fireguard tonite thank god...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home