Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Convoy Live Fire...........

Anyways since Night Fire ended.....I've been so tired...not to mention my hand I touched the rifle with after firing it constantly hurts a little because I touched the barrel and it WAS FLAMING HOT!!!!! god damn it........oh well shit happens....but anyways got 6 hours of sleep....unluckly our platoon was picked for detail and my squad ends up going...this sucks....everyone else gets an extra hour of sleep.....oh well got up and got our stuff ready....We would get all our gear....and then head downstairs....ends up when I got downstairs....I didn't have my wet weather gear.....it's missing......god damn...I must have left it on the nightfire range somewhere....shit......oh well I was about to tell DS Hoaglund but we proceeded to the DFAC maybe I'll tell him later.....so I'm ending up worrying the whole god damn breakfast....shit I lost something.....just hopefully someone found it...I know they always sweep the area....after they leave....hm....but anyways finished our lovely breakfast and then got back to the company....and got our gear and hopped on the red company truck. We all squished in and sat down on our rucks....we would just chat about in the upcoming weekend since FTX is gonna happen....after 10 minutes we arrived at the live convoy fire range.....we dismounted the truck and grounded our gear.....and then proceeded to the range cadre about setting up the targets.....anyways today we'll be firing blanks and tomorrow we're going to fire live rounds....but anyways we would procede to another white truck to load up the targets and we finally got on and proceded downrange......then we would set up the targets one by one in specific positions....after that we would get back the range and get back to the windscreen awaiting the arrival of the other Privates.....lucky them......they didn't need to wake up early.....but I guess today we have to do PT in the afternoon.....I'd rather have it in the morning....argh....but anyways while everyone sat in the windscreen by platoon....we would get another boring safety briefing and what would comprise of today's agenda...oh well shooting blanks...we're going to learn how to mount and dismount from a truck.....we learned how to hold the rifle.....they really emphasize muzzle awareness......well we got organized into groups and learned how to mount but I had a little problem holding my weapon and almost pointed at one of the NCOs and I got warned....but DS Code who watched us wasn't happy so me and Hartman who also had problems are holding rifles in front of us and doing rifle PT which absolutely sucks ass.....after that but DS Hoaglund approached me and then asked me where my wet weather gear was.....I said not sure Drill Sgt....he then told me "Pvt Harris you better find that wet weather gear...I want you to go to the windscreen and ask if anyone has extra wet weather gear...so I ended going there but just sat down.....and then my group was called up for going to the range.....we would mount and that NCO I nearly pointed at earlier looks like he despised me......well we finally rolled along and did the range....fired all our mags...pretty fun....then after that we dismounted and got back to the windscreen..Then DS Hoaglund would approach me and I was at ease and he asked me "Did you ask yet Pvt?" I said "No Drill Sgt not yet" Then he had to make a huge scene by quieting everyone and asked about my gear....that if it isn't found they're gonna rip the barracks apart......anyways great thanks DS Hoaglund.....but then we would wait til everyone has gone and then after everyone had gone we would get on our gear and head back to the barracks......we would get our lunch and just chilled all day and go to dinner and then mail call and showers...tomorrow's the day we fire live rounds...the same routine but with live ammo...sleep...damn it got fireguard...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will never forget that day. I had to go and help sit up that shit to and we still got smoke lol. That was some great times.

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa what happened to the rest? Do you have AIT's journal?

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home